Hobbies and Interests
My problem is that I have too many hobbies and interests ...
and not enough time to pursue them.
Hobbies and Interests (In no particular order)
- Power Walking (aka Wogging) (5 miles five-to-seven times a week)
- Thanks to my grandson, Jack, I've re-kindled my love of O-gauge toy trains
(Boy, have they changed!) Got any old O-gauge Lionel, MTH or K-Line stuff
you wanna contribute? Greater
Baton Rouge Model Railroaders
- Working on the Anaconda Railway with my train buddies
- Great train vacations on Amtrak and
Holidays. Check my
Great Rail Adventure.
- Racquetball (before I got my trifocals)
- Absolut and Luzianne Iced Tea (the world's most refreshing drunk)Absolut Sites
- Sipping a chilled shot of Rain Vodka
You MUST try it!!!
- Jimmy Buffett (been a ParrotHead since the beginning) www.margaritaville.com
- Listening to high-quality music (classical to Oldies, no opera or nasal country) Do you
remember the VENTURES ?
- Dancing with my wife (or anybody else's)
- Bridge (I even own an original Fidelity bridge computer) Great Bridge Links
- Progressive Slam (a bastard bridge/canasta game that I play with my wife)
- Hearts (No, not the one on Windows, the real card game) Wanna Play?
- Reading (especially classic science fiction...I miss Asimov and Heinlein dearly)
- Listening to Astros games on the radio Houston Astros
- LSU football, baseball, basketball (rarely miss a broadcast, only attend baseball)
- College football and basketball on TV NCAA
- Attending ANY major league baseball game I can get to
- Eating South Louisiana seafood (None better) Try some at http://www.jfolse.com/
- Jigsaw puzzles (I once did a 5,000 piece with the backside "up")
- Watching my wife spend my money (we built our "retirement cottage"
- Deep Sea sport fishing (Only the big stuff)
- Club Med (I've been to 16 of 'em, but none since 1987)Welcome
to Club Med
- Building computers from scavenged parts (it's like jigsaw puzzles) http://www.pricewatch.com/
- Learning new things (it's what keeps life worth living)
- Bullshitting with new friends
- Public Speaking (for fun and profit)
- Sleeping (especially through the alarm in the morning)
- Teaching (when the students want to learn)
- Helping Baby Boomers master technology (It's my job and I love it)
- My grandsons "Tiger Jack"
and "Will the Thrill" and my granddaughter "Claire